Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ixus to Ixus~

My dear 5.5 yr old Canon Ixus 40....

You r the very first camera i bought for myself with my 3rd paycheck when i joined flying...
You digi cams were all so expensive then!!
SGD$695 u were.....

U were the first luxury item i could bring myself to buy when i was so used to being a frugal bit*h.
N only cos the first insurance package i got from my uni coursemate turned insurance agent promised n gave me a $150 voucher to Tangs.

You were shiny n new.... actually u still r now! ;)
N u brought so much joy to my life by capturing all my memories in the past 5 years.
You followed me around the world on my escapades, all the first times in my life, always there in my cabin bag... n never minded being jostled around all the time.

U were there by my side day n night, partying hard n wild n never ran away from me no matter how i mishandled you.

U helped me capture all the material tt went into the now defunct strange-n-beautiful.blogspot.com

I even broke yr LCD screen once... n i never got u a screen guard sticker come to think bout it.
N u never complained once bout the scratches i inflicted upon u....


You have served me so bloody well my dear old Ixus 4.

N you r still working like a dream, no matter how hard i work you. (e.g bloody turning u on n off n on n off multiple times in a 3 min period..)

Though yr battery used to last me an intense 5 day Paris sightseeing trip without requiring a single charge (freakin amazing or wat!) ..to jus 1.5-2 days of rough use now... u r still bloody amazing~;D



But the time has come.... not to decommission you but to put u in retiring mode.

The bf has decided to present me with yr younger brother the Ixus 85 n it pains me to put u aside... much less pass u along to my youngest sister.

I held u in my hand last night n marvelled at how sleek n compact you r even though u r bloody old laR!

Im so familiar with u now n there's so much more to learn with yr younger brother.
But dun worry, i will make sure i teach my sister to treasure u like i did before i hand u over to her. ;)

I will always remember u n love u..........

No comments:

Post a Comment