Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Who's more in pain?

So i've been reading Shakespeare on my iPhone these days while on the train n bus stops...
Starting with R + J of cos. 
Might move to Macbeth next...

I always felt like the Bard portrayed Romeo as the more oft depressed of the pair of lovebirds....
He's like this super emo, n everything R says is as if he'd always a knife in his heart...

Juliet seemed to always just bask in his love.... n just content n happy in loving him...
Well wat would i know? 
I nvr studied Literature in depth n i'm only at Act 1.

Well.... I loved what Romeo said here...

"Why, such is love's transgression.
Griefs of mine own lie heavy in my breast,
Which thou wilt propagate to have it press'd
With more of thine. This love that thou hast shown
Doth add more grief to too much of mine own.

Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs,
Being purg'd, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes,
Being vex'd, a sea nourish'd with loving tears,
What is it else? a madness most discreet,
A choking gall, and a preserving sweet."



There, the definition of Love.
Never been more aptly put into words....

In my story, this Juliet is more in pain than Romeo.
Vexed n filling a sea out with loving tears.
Nothing else but a madness in my head i can't seem to tell anyone , n which no one else wants to hear of anymore.
And definitely a bitterness which chokes me every now n then, but with such sweet memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment